Thursday, June 9, 2011

Vietnam Grille in Charlotte, NC

Well after all my excitement of my best friend coming into town, as luck would have it her flight got cancelled and she is no longer coming..totally bummed out. But on a positive note, I was invited to dinner with my friend Jenny and her mom to Vietnam Grille over off of South Blvd, 5615 to be exact, right next to the Pet Smart Shopping Center. Now I must admit I was not really that excited as for some reason I thought I would not like Vietnamese Cuisine, but boy was I wrong! It was fantastic and to top it off, you can bring  your own wine in there with no corkage fee!
To start, Jenny and I split a number 4, which was Goi Cuon/Shrimp and Pork Rolls. I have to say, the lighting was not fantastic so the picture does not do it justice, they were killer! I guess most Vietnamese spring rolls have mint leaves in them, which I have never had, and it was really yummy. For dinner I ordered a number 46, which they call Com Tam Tom Nuong, or Char-grilled Lemongrass Shrimp over Broken rice- which again, I had never had and was really tasty, especially after you poured the "Nuoc Mam" sauce all over it. The portion was huge for only 10.50! To be honest, the whole menu is very reasonably priced, I mean for the 3 of us, it was only a little over 30 bucks...since we brought our own wine!
Jenny got a number 36, Bun Ga Nuong or Rice Vermicelli with Char- Grilled Chicken, again, huge portion and on 7.95!!!
So if you have never tried Vietnamese or love it and have never checked this place out, it is a must! They are open 7 days a week from 11am til 9:30pm...or you can email them at vietnamgrille@yahoo.com
Enjoy! I know I did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment