Sunday, June 26, 2011

Semi Homemade- Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage and Peanut Butter Brownies

Last week my friend Karen had a huge tree fall in her backyard. It ended up doing a lot of damage which is a total bummer. Being a new mom, and working full time I decided to take a little stress away and make her a good hearty dinner and dessert last night. I had a friend in town for the day, so I did not have time to make everything homemade, but I must say everything was really yummy, and pretty quick to make!
For the main course I wanted to make a nice tray of baked ziti with Italian sausage. Typically I would make my own sauce, but this time I just spiced up a bottle of Classico with some spices and let the sausage really soak into the sauce for added flavor. I mixed in the sauce, meat, ricotta and mozzarella and topped it with more mozzarella and shredded parm. I cooked it at 350 for about 30 mins or so and it was quite tasty.
We both had two big bowls! Oink Oink!
Now on to dessert. I have been buying Krusteaz brand a lot lately. They have so many different selections of baked goods to make and honestly everything I have made has been fantastic.

For these I added in about two heaping teaspoons of chunky peanut butter, but since I did them in a smaller pan and they were so thick, I think I should have added more. But they were still super gooey and delish!
So there ya have it, I nice semi home cooked meal, and low fat too, ha! NOT! But I must say it was well worth all the fat!!! Enjoy-

No comments:

Post a Comment