Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Intermezzo Pizzeria & Café- Grilled Veggie Pizza

Every Wednesday I go to cardio tennis, one of my ultimate favorite work outs! Midwood Tennis Academy and my coach Tom Edsall rock. Whether you are a tennis player or just like a kick a** work out, you MUST attend this class at least once, I guarantee you will end up joining the session.....but, this post is not really about tennis, it is more about what you can eat when you are done playing tennis, due to the massive amount of calories you burn;)
I have become pretty close with another girl in class, Wendy, and finally we made a plan to grab a drink and some food after class. Now our options are kind of limited due to how hot and sweaty you get, but I had the perfect place in mind.....Intermezzo. I have been several times and am quite the fan. It is off Central Ave, super close to the courts, so perfect place and she had never been, so even better. I love taking people to places they have not checked out, especially when it is a place I rave about!
Due to the fact that I am trying to be somewhat healthy, I decided to get the grilled veggie pizza 10 inch- typically not what I order, but boy am I glad I did. Wendy is a vegetarian, so she got the grilled veggie sandwich, which I must say looked killer. They really do "grill" all the veggies before adding them to their homemade bread (which by the way is a staple in many dishes and unbelievably yummy). They do the same for the pizza..which was loaded with tomato, zucchini, onion, squash, asparagus goat cheese and mozzarella.
Now I must say, typically I would take a picture at the restaurant while I am there, but did not bring my camera since I was coming from tennis:( So this pic does not do it justice, but notice there are only 3 small pieces left and that is really only because I would have felt super non healthy eating the whole pie all by myself, but I could have done it no problem!!! Check it out- leftovers I can't wait to have!!!!

So if you have never been or just never tried the grilled veggie pizza, you must check it out! Here are the details!
Monday-Saturday 11am-2am
Sunday 12pm-2am
Serving full menu until midnight.
Intermezzo Pizzeria & Café
1427 E.10th Street
Charlotte, NC, 28204
(704)347-2626

PS, if looking for other killer meals on the menu, I recommend the following:
 
Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta

Ricotta and Goat Cheese Crostini

Grilled Steak Sandwich
Quattro Formaggi Pizza (my all time fav)
And for wine....

Mollydooker "Two Left Feet" Shiraz/Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon (South Australia) 2009

Enjoy-

1 comment:

  1. i'm def totes joining that kick a** clinic. god that pizza looks so tainting good. see you later cousin melhissa.

    xoxo
    gossip girl/sydney claire (my new name that i would like to be called because claire is a saint name)

    ReplyDelete