Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Betty Crocker Style! ;)

One of my very best friends is coming to visit me this weekend and I am really looking forward to the weekend..we have lots of things planned, which is in total Melissa fashion...and this visit has given me yet another reason to make something yummy! As I took a look around my kitchen to see what I had, what I could make and what would be a crowd pleaser, I realized I had all the ingredients for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, one of my favs!
So off to the Internet I went to search my favorite sites and I came across more than I could handle...there are so many crazy new ideas for cookies out there. And then I thought to myself, why not just stick with the basics this time....and then Betty Crockers web page popped up and who better for back to basics is Betty Crocker! The recipe makes about 3 and a 1/2 dozen plenty for me and a few extra for my friend who is coming to visit, ha oink oink! Check out the recipe and pics below and enjoy-

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  2. Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment