Monday, January 9, 2012

Mom's Chicken Marsala! DELISH and EASY!

One of my favorite dishes that my mom makes is her Chicken Marsala! It is crazy how easy it is to make and how delicious it is. Before the new year I decided to make a nice home cooked meal as while away for the Christmas holiday we ate out way more than I would like, so I was ready to cook a good meal. My boyfriend loves chicken and mushrooms, so I thought what better dish to make!
The meal turned out killer, it was however a little semi homemade as I used some Omaha Steaks potatoes as one of the sides, but I must say, they are super tasty! I also made my asparagus, which is quite easy as well to make. Check out the recipe and final pics below! Enjoy-

Recipe for Chicken Marsala:

1 package (amount of chicken depends on how many you are feeding- I got about a pound of thinly sliced and we had two pieces each and two left over) of chicken breasts or already thinly sliced chicken breast. ( If you get the normal chicken breast you will have to butterfly and pound out).
2 containers of mushrooms- personally I think you can use whatever you like, I typically get crimini and they are presliced.
1 bottle of Marsala cooking wine ( Holland House is pretty popular and what I use).
About a stick of butter
The first thing you need to do is lightly flour the chicken breasts as you will then need to brown them in the butter. Once browned take them off the heat and set aside. In the same pan, add a little more butter and the mushrooms, cook those down until they are almost completely cooked, then add in the Marsala wine and place the chicken back in the pan. I would say I leave that all together to simmer for about 15 mins or so. Just enough time for all the flavors to marinate together.
While that was cooking, on about 375 degrees I had the asparagus in the oven, I keep that recipe simple. On a cookie sheet I lay out the asparagus, drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle on your favorite mixed seasoning, I used Paula Dean's The Lady and Sons salt mix. I would say I turned them around a few times in the 25 mins they were in the oven. I like them a little crispy as well, so keep them in to your liking!
So that was it, pretty fast and simple, and super delish meal!!


No comments:

Post a Comment