When we got home I got onto the computer to search for the perfect recipe. I found one on All Recipes and it got rave reviews! They were called to die for blueberry muffins. Now I did not follow the recipe exactly, as obviously I added in strawberries and I did not make the topping they suggested.
Recipe for "To die for Blueberry (and strawberry) muffins..highly adapted from allrecipes.com
Servings- 8, mine made 20! I think it just depends on how big you want them, also, mine were over loaded with fruit! (oh and I made two batches! ha) they were a great size though!!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Now I will say I started out making just one batch, which made about 9 muffins. To me the batter was quite thick and then when I re-read the recipe I realized I did not follow the instructions exactly when it came to the part about how to mix the egg, oil and milk. I did make a 2nd batch and followed exactly and it was a much better consistency. But to be honest, both batches tasted the same. I did also add in cinnamon sugar to the batter on the second batch and topped both with the same!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
I have to say this was the first time I have made muffins from scratch and I will 100% use this recipe again. I loved the amount of fruit through out, they were moist and delish! I shared them with quite a few friends and all of them loved them, so overall, they were a great success! Enjoy!