Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday Celebration

Yesterday was my birthday and for those who know me, I love celebrating birthday's, typically I make it about a month long celebration! Oops! Anyway, this past weekend my friend Jenny and I had a little get together at a local place in town called Smokey Joes- for those of you in Charlotte that have never been, you must check it out. It is great-a little hole in the wall with an excellent outside area- pool tables, ping pong darts etc! We had a great time and I had great friends and family there to help celebrate, which meant a lot!
On Tuesday night, my boyfriend and I went to a little Mexican place for dinner off Central Ave. Tres Amigos- again, for those of you locals who have not been, great food and killer Margs! Then we headed over to the area of town called NoDa, cute artsy area....We stopped into a new place for a drink, The Mill, another little small hole in the wall. It was pretty quiet in there, but we sat and chatted with the manager for quite sometime and they are starting a dinner and jazz night on Weds which should be a great time. They are actually affliated with Boudreaux's Louisiana Kitchen- they are right behind it. I have never eaten there, but hear it is great and the Brunch menu looks awesome, so hope to check it out soon!
So overall it was an excellent birthday- oh wait, and one more thing, for lunch yesterday I went to Fran's Filling Station and let me tell you, I STUFFED my face, the meal was delish! If you have not been, get the number one, I was full all day, but it was worth it! I wish I had my camera so I could have taken a pic:(
Ok, so that is it!! Just wanted to share some new places I have checked out and if you go, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment