Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blackboard Bistro in Carmel, NY

On my last night home I wanted to take my mom to a nice dinner. After a little research and recommendations from friends we decided on Blackboard Bistro in Carmel, NY, a farm to table restaurant. As usual this was our main meal for the day, so we were ready to eat like little piggy's for sure:) Blackboard is a cute, quaint little home, probably only about 15 tables. And the name says it all as the chef changes the menu daily depending on what the local farmers market had that day...hence the blackboard below..
We started out with a bottle of wine, which turned out to be really great!

For an appetizer we had the fried calamari. This is one of my favorite apps, but as we all know not always cooked to perfection. I can say hands down, this was some of the BEST calamari I have had. It was not over coated or over cooked, it was seriously perfect and the plate was overloaded with it as well!

I must also add the marinara was also super tasty and being Italian we are not throwing out compliments that often when it comes to sauce!!!
For dinner I decided to give the duck a try. I have only had duck twice and the first time was amazing, the second, not so much...so I was a little hesitant, but the waitstaff could not say enough great things about it. I have to say they were right, it was delicious. The crispiness of the skin was SO good, the crunch of the pistachios and soaked cherries made it and the succotash underneath it was just the right side to this dish. The flavor was amazing!

I pretty much licked the plate! My mom went with the Filet Mignon Oscar, which is a filet topped with crab and hollindase and served over garlic mashed potatoes. I was able to sneak in a bite and it was really great! Cooked again to perfection!
I have to admit, the picture probably is not the best, but the taste was fantastic! I could not get a picture in fast enough before my mom dug in;)
For dessert I went with the fresh peach tart with a creamy ricotta cream. My mom got the fresh berries in a puff pastry. We were both very happy with our choices.

So overall we had a great experience at Blackboard. I would recommend it to anyone and plan to go back next time I am home for sure! DELICIOUS!!! Enjoy-

No comments:

Post a Comment