Sunday, August 7, 2011

ICES 36th Annual Convention and Show


Yesterday I went with my friend Heather to the ICES 36th Annual Convention and Show, basically, a cake convention. We really had no idea what to expect, but a few weeks back Living Social ran a special on tickets and there were all different levels you could buy. We got the ticket that included admission to the cakes and competition, so that sounded pretty good, right? Well, to be honest, it was just ok. There were so many other things you could do, but you had to pay separate and we were just not feeling it. I will say that there were some pretty amazing cakes (all display versions, not real cake). I took about 100 pictures and figured I would share some of the ones we really liked. Now I will say, it was interesting to see how things were made and each cake had a card next to it listing what was used, for example "gum paste" or "fondant" etc.
This cakes detail was insane, I know it was a replica of something, but can't recall what:(
This one speaks for itself, how could ya not love it!

With this one I loved the lace look. Apparently it was something you could paint and just lay onto the cake, I kind of wish I took notes, but unfortunately I did not, so not 100% how it was made.

This cake was insane! If you are a Cake Boss fan it reminded me of the one he made for NASCAR, only this one is more fun!



These three had amazing detail!

This was my friend Heathers favorite. In person the detail and color was really pretty.



Loved these for the technique and detail as well.
I could go on and on as there were so many we loved, but I would say of all, the Noah's Arc was fantastic, every tiny detail was on the boat, it was really cool!

So overall, there were a lot of cool cake displays, but I wish we had bought the ticket to see it all. Oh and by the way, there were NO cake tastings at this event- we were totally bummed about that one;)
Hope you enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment