Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rigatoni with Chicken and Broccoli in Lemon Cream Sauce


Over the past few weeks I have been a mad woman pinning food on Pinterest! It is such a great place to look for new dinner ideas! I love it! I came across one dish that looked super yummy and I wanted to try it that night, but I did not have all that it had called for. So I took a look around the kitchen and came up with a similar dish, but with my own personal touches;)
It was already pretty late to start cooking, so I wanted to make it the fastest way I could and the easiest! I decided that instead of marinating and grilling the chicken like the recipe I saw, I defrosted and just baked the chicken to cube it. This recipe did not have any broccoli in it, but we needed some veggies for sure, so I steamed what we had and chopped it up as well and put it to the side.

While the rigatoni was boiling in a saute pan I melted about 3 tablespoons of butter and browned some garlic. I then added in the juice of two lemons, a dash of dried basil, a pint of heavy cream and a container of shredded parm. I let that simmer together for about 10 mins or so. Once the pasta was done, I drained that, added in the cubed chicken and broccoli and poured the sauce over it all in the pot. After mixing well, it was ready to serve with hot garlic bread! I have to say although there was a good bit of heavy cream and cheese in the sauce, the lemon really lighted up the flavor! So for just throwing this all together, I think it came out great and I would make it again for sure.
Enjoy-

1 comment:

  1. I made this dish for my family. They all loved it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete