Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chocolate Chunk, Heath Bar and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

This week was one of my co-workers anniversary! I knew that I was going to be meeting her for the first time in person and we were going out to lunch, so what better way to introduce myself with a sweet treat for after lunch! She had mentioned how much her husband loves sweets, as do I! Cookies are one of my favs and I wanted to really sweeten up a basic chocolate chip cookie, so I added in heath bar pieces, dark chocolate chips and chocolate chunks I had left over from the ganache I made last week!! DELISH! Oh and of course my cookies are not complete without a little of sea salt sprinkled on top! Recipe Below! Enjoy-
Highly adapted from Hershey's!

1- 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 eggs1
I then added in about 1 cup of Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips, about 1 cup of Heath Bar English Toffee Bits and about 3/4 cup of Hershey's Chocolate Chunks

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Gradually add in flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chips/bits.
3. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8- 10 mins ( I did only 8 and they turned out perfect- for my liking that is- crispy edges and chewy center) Cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen.

2 comments:

  1. Those look good!!! I didn't end up doing the food truck thing on Thurs night. But I'm still in town through Wed of this week! Email/ping me at work if you'd like to do lunch or a drink after work this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Favorite CousinJuly 9, 2011 at 5:25 PM

    Oh my LORD! Those look divine <-- see what I did there? LoL! I can't wait for you to make me some of these. From: Lucas

    ReplyDelete