Thursday, April 4, 2013

nFocus Sugar Rush Event in Charlotte, NC

 On March 7th, NFocus Magazine held the 2013 Sugar Rush (as they put it "a candy-coated competition that pits local confectioners, creameries, cake cuppers and other curers of cravings against one another for the title of Queen City Sweetheart!") benefiting the North Carolina Dance Theater. Tickets were 25.00 and included an open bar, coffee and all the  dessert samples your heart desired from 14+ area bakeries and cafe/restaurants. I have included a few pictures of my favs. In the picture above we got to try Sweet Lorraine's Bakery's "Sweet Lorraine". A delish bite size brownie and chocolate chip cookie cake!

 The famous Banana Pudding from Savor Cafe is in the picture above. I had heard from many people how fabulous this dessert was and had yet to try it so was excited they were part of the show. I must admit, not sure I have had better! It was so DEEEE-LISSSH!!! I am looking forward to checking out their lunch and dinner menu as well.
Last but not least, I have saved what I thought was the best (in my opinion that is). Above is Dottie's Cupcakery. Now the picture may not do it justice, but the Key Lime Cake Pops were out of this world! There were two young ladies standing behind the table that were very sweet and come to find out one of them was the actual owner. Now if you have read my blog before, you know I love the local places around town, especially if it has to do with desserts. They are located in Waxhaw, NC. It is just the owner and a few others if I am not mistaken that help her out. She uses her Grandma's recipes and I have to admit, I just loved her story! I love to hear success stories and her story to me was definitely a success! I am looking forward to checking out the shop sometime soon and so should you! Check out their facebook page for more details!

Overall this event was awesome. I absolutely loved the desserts and boy did I get my fair share! They don't call it the Sugar Rush for nothing!!! I am already looking forward to next year's event!!

2 comments: