Monday, April 18, 2011

Cooking Light-- Shrimp Cobb Salad and Lemon Cream Pie!

About a year ago I told myself that after getting Cooking Light Magazine for the last several years, it was time for me to start making something from each issue...it took some time, but I am getting better and lasts night meal reminded me why I should really use these recipes more often.
Last night I made a killer Shrimp Cobb Salad that was light, yet FULL of flavor. It was loaded with fresh tomatoes, avocado, bacon, whole kernel corn and shrimp. The dressing was tangy and just right to coat the salad.








For Dessert I made a Lemon Pie, also from cooking light. I love lemon and the flavor of this pie was really yummy! I did buy a store bought crust and could have maybe rolled it out a bit better, as it baked very uneven in the dish, but the final result was really good. I decided not to add the cream to the pie, but rather add it as each piece was sliced.
For recipes see below! Enjoy!
Shrimp Cobb Salad
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/shrimp-cobb-salad-50400000111962/

Lemon Pie
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-cream-pie-50400000111981/

No comments:

Post a Comment