Friday, July 27, 2012

Lunch at Dandelion Market

About two months ago I started a new job in uptown Charlotte. It has been a long time since I have had to go into an office. However, I was excited, why you ask, because that means I can go out to lunch now!!! For the last 6 years I have worked from home and don't get me wrong, I loved it. Gym clothes everyday, roll out of bed, home cooked meals verses going out. Being back in the office I knew would be a big change, but I was ready for a change!
Now I have to admit, I only go into the office about three days a week, which I think is great. Gives me a chance to see my team and socialize and of course wear all my new work clothes! ha But I still do bring my lunch most days, but yesterday was not so much! I knew I had meetings most of the day, so right away I reached out to my fabulous new co-worker and by the way, a fellow blogger(www.freakycurry.blogspot.com) Riddhi to see if she was up for some lunch time fun...and, as I thought, she totally was!
We decided on Dandelion Market, which is right around the corner from our office. We both knew we would be famished as our meetings went until 2pm, so we ate a healthy breakfast so we could stuff our faces when we got there! I have been to Dandelion a few times and love it! It is a great menu and killer wine prices. So if you have not checked it out, you must do so!
We both ordered the same thing, the grilled cheese (pictured above) with prosciutto and Ridhhi had added tomato as well and it came with their creamy tomato soup. As you can see by the picture, it was KILLER. I mean three cheeses oozing out of the thick BUTTERY (in caps as it was loaded up with butter- and I am NOT complaining about that) bread, with prosciutto - how can you go wrong, it was grilled to perfection and the soup rocked. I think I dipped my sandwich in the soup for almost every bite and yes, I ate the whole thing, no holding back on my end that is for sure!

OINK OINK!!!
So there you have it, a delicious lunch with some great company!! Looking forward to my next lunch outting uptown!! Next time, maybe a little healthier??!?!?!  ...ha who am I kidding;)

Enjoy-

1 comment: