Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chicken and Dumpling Casserole

Last week, while looking on Pinterest, I came across a recipe for Chicken and Dumplings Casserole. I am always looking for easy dishes as I have mentioned before and again, I find such great things on Pinterest. This time however, I could not get the recipe to come up when I clicked on the picture, so I just went ahead a did a google search. There were actually several different recipes listed, but the one I chose I knew would be simple and that is just what I needed.
Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures, but I hope that does not deter you from trying this, as it was super delish. Basically the 9x13 pan was wiped clear in 24 hours if that tells you anything!

I also sauteed some fresh spinach and garlic in a little olive oil as a side. I am really trying to be good about adding in the greens to every meal these days!

So I hope you enjoy this easy and yummy dish!

Chicken and Dumplings Casserole- Courtesy of www.plainchicken.com
http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/11/chicken-dumpling-casserole.html

3-4 cups of cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 can Campbell's cream of chicken soup

Preheat oven to 400.

Melt butter in the microwave and pour into bottom of a 9x13 pan. Shred the chicken and spread it on top of the butter.

Whisk together the milk and the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly pour over the chicken. Don't stir.

Whisk together chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Pour soup over the flour and milk mixture. Don't stir.

Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes, or until dumplings are golden brown.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment