Tuesday, July 26, 2011

PRP Wine Night with Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes

Several months ago, I came across a great deal on Living Social for PRP Wine to come out and do an in home wine tasting for you and 10 friends. Being that all my girl friends love to drink wine and get together, catch up and eat yummy food, I had to purchase it! About a week or so ago, we finally set it up! There were about 10 of us and we decided to have it at my friend Claire's house since she has a great little screened in porch and a pool in her backyard, figured why not make the most of the night! Everyone either brought an extra bottle of wine(as we had to order anything we liked from the vendor to be delivered) and then a few others brought some apps. Of course I was all over making dessert and since this was in the middle of the heat wave here in Charlotte, I wanted to do something light.....Lemon Butter Cream Icing a top raspberry swirled cupcakes! DELISH!
I recently came across this raspberry flavored gel that looked quite interesting, so I figured why not. I made the batter and then in a small bowl added in half of it so that I could add in the gel. It actually was very flavorful for a gel.
Once I added in the the raspberry frosting I swirled it around with a toothpick.

I must say, they came out really tasty for something I was really not sure about. I would use it again, in fact I bought it in mint flavor as well and plan to try that in brownies! I used the same Lemon Butter Cream Frosting recipe that I had for my friend Heather's Birthday cake and it came out excellent, again;)!
So over all the night was awesome, our wine host was great, the wines we tasted rocked and all the food was delish. It was a great girls night and I would recommend checking out the PRP site if you think it might be something you and your friends would enjoy- well worth it! I am actually anxiously awaiting the wine I ordered and can't wait to have a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment